Friday 28 August 2020

Template property offer letter, Responding to a counter-offer, Coronavirus Pandemic 2020




Dear Estate Agent,


RE: XX Address of the property with the postcode.

Many thanks for the counteroffer on the named property. I understand that my initial offer is probably a little less than what you are hoping for, but I would like to explain how I reached this amount, and also confirm that I am proceedable with the purchase.

As you are probably aware, I live in this area and in fact, currently share the same undercover parking and access to communal areas with the named property.  Apart from being resident here with a sound knowledge of the management, I did some extensive research looking at the monthly cost of running the apartment.

As a leasehold flat, residents have had to deal with paying overpriced ground rent, inflated service charges with a grossly incompetent managing agent (which seem to change yearly)  with no interest whatsoever in keeping costs down.

Having been in contact with several lenders, it is a fact that house prices have been affected by the availability of mortgage lending. With many people coming out of lock-down with reduced finances and concerns about proceeding in a global economy where the full impact of Coronavirus is still uncertain.

I am sure you can understand that this would be factored into any offer you receive.

Nevertheless, I have decided to increase my initial offer by £XXXX, you will certainly agree that this is a significant jump and a sign of my willingness to purchase the property. the increment brings the total offer up to £XXXXXX

It is probably worth mentioning that as a first-time buyer, I am not in a chain, and can therefore complete the process as quickly.

Thank you for your consideration of my offer and I look forward to hearing from you as soon as possible.

Kind regards,


Buyer



This could be sent as an email which automatically has a date on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment